Monday, September 20, 2010

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week


New York Fashion Week is always New York Fashion Week and it will always be but, there is one designer that has grown into what I call a design super heavy weight: Christian V. Siriano. Young Genius.  Crazy hair, crazy side eye and crazy style he marries punk and high fashion in such an awesome way.  Dressess, dresses and dresses, any length and fit and all style, I recall his previous collections with a concentration on the pant, and now this.  Leather paired with flowing rich patterns, crisp whites with chunky leather and crazy sheer ruffles all over.  His collection was so inspiring and makes me want to sketch all night until I can get my head into the mode he was in when he finalized his colleciton. 
What is he trying to do to us? Make us fans? Well it worked on this fashionista.
His 2010/2011 Spring collection takes you through a series of emotions,
I'm Chic
I command all the attention
I'm a bit out of control and I think I like it
I was so impressed by Christian, I could think of no one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment